JUNIOR EXPLORATION GEOLOGIST
Tombill is currently seeking a Junior Exploration Geologist to join its Exploration team near Geraldton, Ontario. This is initially a contract position, extendable subject to exploration success. The work schedule will be as required by the job, but is nominally a 14-day in, 14-day out rotation. Salary will be commensurate with experience and qualification.
The Junior Exploration Geologist will be responsible for everyday activities, such as logging core, mapping, assisting the Exploration Manager and Senior Geologist in the day-to-day site operations of the TMGEP. This person will contribute to the successful execution of Tombill Mines’ short and long-term exploration goals. In addition to ensuring that proper methodologies and procedures are followed at all times.
- Core Logging (Rock type, textures, alterations, structures, veining, sampling, etc).
- Ability to log oriented core is desired but not required.
- Core teching, knowledge of RQD is desired but not required
- Surveying of Drill hole collar locations and aligning of drilling direction. Monitoring of drill hole deviations and assisting in shut-down decisions.
- Perform all geological work (core logging, mapping, sample collection, QAQC, Surface Exploration, channel sampling) and following CIM guidelines for best practice.
- Record and collect high quality, detailed data along with rock and soil samples for geochemical analysis. Utilize scientific principles and knowledge during sample collection and geologic discussion
- Perform independent, hands-on field work which includes the use of a compass, maps, and handheld Garmin GPS.
- Strong ability with geological modelling software and core logging software (Gemcom, Datamine, Leapfrog, Target, ArcGis, Map Info, Geospark or other core logging program etc.) and data management skills. Complete daily data entry and quality control checks.
SENIOR EXPLORATION GEOLOGIST
Tombill is currently seeking a Senior Exploration Geologist to join its Exploration team near Geraldton, Ontario. This is initially a contract position, extendable subject to exploration success. The work schedule will be as required by the job, but is nominally a 14-day in, 14-day out rotation. Salary will be commensurate with experience and qualification.
The Senior Exploration Geologist will be responsible assisting the Exploration Manager in the day-to-day site operations of the TMGEP.
This person will look after the Exploration Program when the Exploration Manager is off on rotation. This includes the management of a multi-faceted exploration program that will generate new resources. Working with the Exploration Manager, this person will help implement and direct the short and long-term exploration target plans of Tombill Mines and ensure that proper methodologies and procedures are followed in all its programs.
Assist the Exploration Manager in the management, organizational and administrative aspects of the exploration program including:
- major logistical organization (e.g. location, operation and manning of drill rigs).
- on time procurement of required materials and equipment.
- operational budgeting and cost management in the exploration program.
- administrative procedures, standards and controls.
- productivity, efficiency and cost effectiveness within the program.
- Provide high level technical and geological expertise to assist the Exploration Manager in keeping the exploration program on track.
- Aid in planning drill hole locations and expected deviations for drill holes to effectively test the mineralization and exploration targets. This will include the planning and coordination of the detailed logistics of the drill programs to ensure a cost-effective work schedule.
- Supervise all geological work (core logging, mapping, sample collection, QAQC, Surface Exploration, channel sampling) to ensure CIM guidelines for best practice are followed for exploration.
COMMUNITY LIASON TECHNICIAN
As the company makes progress on advancing its exploration program at the Tombill Main Group property there will be a focus on how the company will interact and communicate how it conducts business. The purpose of this newly created position is to formalize and implement Tombill’s community engagement protocol. Reporting to the Exploration Manager the incumbent will seek partners and business opportunities to further promote business development within the Indigenous and local communities as it relates to Tombill.
Responsibilities of this position include but are not limited to:
- Assist the Exploration Manager with communications to the local and regional communities.
- Formalize a Grievance Mechanism Process to provide a format for external parties to deliver their concerns.
- Keep up to date the Record of Engagement database.
- Identify business opportunities for the Indigenous communities associated with the project.
- Identify funding partners to further leverage possible training programs.
- Coordinate required reporting to Indigenous communities and Tombill management.
- Work with the various personnel on site to ensure compliance with Indigenous Agreements
- Investigate opportunities to improve community relations.